The U.S. is a rarity among nations. Among its unique attributes is a commitment to religious liberty.
A new study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life explores religious persecution around the world. According to Pew: “64 nations — about one-third of the countries in the world — have high or very high restrictions on religion. But because some of the most restrictive countries are very populous, nearly 70 percent of the world’s 6.8 billion people live in countries with high restrictions on religion, the brunt of which often falls on religious minorities.”
Include moderate restrictions, which most Americans also would consider to be intolerable, and more than half of the world’s nations limit religious liberty. Fully 86 percent of the globe’s people face significant limits on their right to worship God.
This blog is a labor of love for you, the reader who loves this country and wants to stay informed of the threats to our liberty and how to make a difference. I receive no compensation for blogging and pay for web services out of our family budget. Would you consider making a small donation to help? Just like the fight for liberty, every little bit makes a difference!
- Our Rainbow Baby
- Waiting For Our Rainbow Baby
- To Tell Or Not To Tell
- Secret Service Shows Up At Man’s House To Search, Question Him After Anti-Obama Tweet
- 8th Grader Suspended, Arrested Over NRA T-Shirt Now Faces Year in Jail
- Amnesty Bill Encourages Employers To Dump American Workers, Hire Illegals
- DOJ Defunds Youth Program For Allowing Voluntary Prayers, Referencing God
- Revealed: Obama Admin. Infiltrated, Spied On Churches
- Obama to Persecuted Egyptian Christians: Don’t Protest Against Muslim Brotherhood
- Obama: Religious Schools Create ‘Division, Fear, Resentment’
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Parts Of Racist Voting Rights Act
- Obama To Bypass Congress, Impose ‘Climate Change’ Agenda By Executive Fiat
- Fighting Through The Pain
- Obama Threatens To Veto Religious Protections For Military
- School Cuts Off Valedictorian’s Mic, Threatens His Naval Academy Appointment For Mentioning God And Constitution In Speech
- FREE Online ‘Constitution 101′ Course Begins Feb 20th – Register Today! on
- Woodrow Wilson and the roots of Progressivism on
- Our Rainbow Baby on
- Gay Activists Demand Boycott, Investigation Of Christian Company For Refusing To Print Gay Pride T-Shirts on
- Beware the Taqiyya of “Moderate” Muslims *UPDATED* on